Indoor Water Use
BE WATER WISE INDOORS
By adopting water saving measures, you can reduce the amount of water used
inside your home and save money. Making a habit of conservation makes
sense, it protects water resources now and for in the future.
- Turn the water off when you brush your teeth.
- Don't use the toilet as a trashcan. Aside from wasting
water, plumbing and sewers aren't necessarily equipped to handle foreign
- Try to limit your showers to 5 minutes or less. Limiting your shower time
saves water and money.
- Take baths that are only 1/2 full.
- Make sure the dishwasher and washing machine are full before running them.
Not only will this save water, but it will help save energy as well!
- While waiting for your shower to get warm, capture the cold water in a bucket for watering indoor plants, cleaning, or refilling your pets water bowl.
Water Saving Devices
Indoor Water Retrofit Kits
- Ultra Low-Flow Toilets. These newer toilet models use only 1.6 gallons per
flush- a savings of up to 3 gallons per flush..
- Low-Flow Showerheads. Using a showerhead with a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per
minute or less can save 40 - 50% more water than conventional showerheads.
Also, try taking shorter showers!
- Water/Energy Efficient Washing Machines. The most
effective water-efficient washing machines are front loading. Please visit www.bewaterwise.com to learn more about rebates.
- Faucet Aerators. Using a small, quick-to-install aerator on your faucets can
save a significant amount of water, without a noticeable reduction in flow.
water audit, using our free water retrofit kit, will take less than an hour of your time to perform...but
could result in significant annual savings on
your water bill!!
about the water efficiency of your faucets, toilets and showers? Camrosa
provides a free Indoor Water Retrofit Kit so you can test your
The Kit includes:
request an Indoor Water Retrofit Kit call 388-0226. You must be a current Camrosa Water District customer.
Useful Indoor Water Saving Resources
- Kitchen faucet
- Bathroom sink
- Leak detection
- H20use -
Learn easy water saving tips inside your home